Part-Time Musical Accompanist/Pianist
We are seeking an accompanist/pianist to undergird/complement our worship and music ministries.
Reports to: Associate Pastor
Status: Up to 3-4 hours/week
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide accompaniment for hymn-singing at the Sunday morning 11am Traditional Service, 10:30am – 12:00pm.
- Provide a prelude, postlude, instrumental special (as needed) each service.
- Provide accompaniment for a choir, soloist, or group as needed on Sunday mornings.
- Provide accompaniment for the choir rehearsal on Wednesday evenings, 6:30-7:30pm.
- Enlist a substitute in case of absence; maintain a ‘sub list’ for the church office.
- Communicate with supervisor as is necessary
- Work with volunteer audio and video technicians toward a quality worship experience
- Special services may be offered throughout the year and agreed upon compensation provided at such times.
Qualifications / Core Competencies
- Demonstrate and musical acumen
- Demonstrated proficiency on piano
Applicant must agree to abide by the Personnel Policies and Benefits manual of McAllen First United Methodist Church, comply with church safety policy, and be willing to complete Safe Gathering certification programs, including passing a background check as required by the Safe Gatherings program of the Rio Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church.
All employment offers are subject to drug/substance screening, a criminal background investigation, and a positive reference screening.