We are currently looking for a Children's Ministry Director!
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
Reports to: Associate Pastor
Status: 40 hours/week
McAllen FIRST UMC is a faith family for all, serving all. We are seeking a faithful, energetic, and motivated individual to be the Children’s Ministries Director.
- Provide leadership to weekly Sunday Morning Children’s activities
- Recruit, train, schedule, and supervise volunteer teaching teams for Sunday morning Children’s Church activities (9am, 10am, 11am)
- Select and implement curriculum, including distribution to teachers via website/email/hard copy, preparation of supplies (for Sunday mornings and weekly crafts), and upload and provide videos to accompany lessons
- Provide leadership to weekly Children’s activities
- WOW – Word on Wednesday – afterschool program, which includes scheduling volunteers and implementing a program
- Involve children in age-appropriate mission work on Sunday mornings and beyond.
- Provide leadership for special children’s events
- Lead special Children’s events throughout the year such as Easter egg hunts, musical presentations, Trunk-or-Treat, and Back to School festivities.
- Lead Vacation Bible School, Mission & Music Camp and other summer activities (select curriculum, recruit volunteers, publicize events, and teach).
- Assist with and deliver children’s sermons (Sundays, Wednesday chapel, etc.)
- Administer weekly tracking of teachers and sign-ups
- Oversees nursery staff
- Ensure new volunteers have all required trainings and forms (background checks, Trusted Con Confianza training, CPR and safety certifications, etc).
- Relationship Building
- Cultivate relationships with families and children.
- Cultivate relationships with parents, children, and caregivers in the larger community to encouraging involvement in children’s ministries.
- Work in conjunction with the Day School Director and Student Ministry leaders to provide discipleship across the range of ages.
- Develop and execute special workshops, forums, speakers, and educational offerings geared toward children and their parents and caregivers.
Qualifications / Core Competencies
- Deep and vibrant faith and a consistent Christian lifestyle
- Experience in Children’s Education
- CPR Certification and First Aid training (willingness to obtain certification/training)
- Proficient in computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Weekly presence Sunday mornings and at special worship services (Christmas, Holy Week, etc.) and events
- Willingness to perform other duties as needed and as assigned
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Spiritual Maturity: Intentional about growth in faith with a thirst for Biblical knowledge and God’s purposes for the church and seeking to live out the teachings of Christ. Willing to be in prayer for our church and all MFUMC families and children.
- Teamwork: Works well as part of a staff team and team of volunteers. Creates a positive environment in which the execution of the role is done in a way that is an edifying to all.
- Management: Recruits volunteers. Delegates, empowers, and holds volunteers accountable. Schedules in advance for the benefit of children, parents, staff, volunteers, and the church. Resolves conflict, recognizes and rewards accomplishments.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal skills with both children and adults. Good listening and conflict resolution ability. Ability to type, communicate verbally on the phone and in person.
Base/Starting Salary: $35,000 - $40,000 - negotiable
Applicants should have a knowledge of Methodist practice or be willing to learn basic Methodist doctrine, theology, and tradition.
Applicant must also agree to abide by the Personnel Policies and Benefits manual of McAllen First United Methodist Church, comply with church safety policy, and be willing to complete Safe Gathering certification programs, including passing a background check as required by the Safe Gatherings program of the Rio Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church.
All employment offers are subject to drug/substance screening, a criminal background investigation, and a positive reference screening.